28 December 2013

Six Months Switch!

Looks like I've started a trend for my blog - Not once a day posts, not once a week posts, not even once a month posts ... nope!  Try once every six months!  This is not a good way to get people to continue to read your blog, which is less of a concern for me since I predict there are less than 5 people who actually would read my blog regularly, were I to post on a regular basis.  (Shout out to that handful though ... you are loyal and I love you for it!)

Maybe I'll make a New Year's Resolution to blog more ... but once you hear what's been going on in the last 6 months, I think you'll agree that I likely won't be doing that.

So a lot can change in six months, it turns out!  Remember waaaay back in my last post when I said that I thought year 4 of mine and Thomas's marriage would be one to watch?  Well, little did I know just how fun and crazy it would be??  I'll just hit the highlights, for the sake of time.

We're having a BABY!  What?!?!?! Yes, you heard correctly!  A baby.  Like a real one, not a dog.  Not even a teacup potbelly pig (although I have been begging for one nonstop ... it's not working ... ESPECIALLY now that we're having a real baby).  It's true.  As unbelievable as it still is, even for us!  
I didn't waste a moment finding out as early as possible the gender - I don't even pretend to admire those who don't find out - not because I don't admire and wish to have their self-control and willpower, but more because I don't understand AT ALL why those people aren't actually keeling over from curiosity and simultaneously agonizing over every detail which they could agonize over all the more in pink or blue detail.  Hello, control-freak, excessive-planner mother! That'd be me!

And it's a GIRL!

I always thought I'd want a boy first because I knew if I hated pregnancy and having kids, that at least Thomas would have a boy to hang with and I wouldn't feel so pressured to go for number 2.  Isn't that selfish and weird?  I agree, but it is the truth.  But about a month before we found out the gender, I began feeling that I might really want a girl.  I guess my motherly instinct knew best! And now I just am so incredibly excited that it's a girl.  It's something about all the precious bows and ruffles and clothes.  This will be deadly for our budget.  I wish I could say the budget will die when she's born (due April 22), but it's already beginning it's slow downhill race toward death as we speak.

Speaking of being on a budget ... we are also moving!  Yes, we anticipate the move to happen at the end of January ... when I'm, oooooohhhh, around 28-29 weeks pregnant.  Sound fun, doesn't it?  Actually, all sarcasm aside, I am very pumped about our new home!!! We looked for a while and thought we had found the perfect home several times (before things fell through), but now looking back, we really feel confident that we've found something that is going to grow with our family and be a great match for us! Plus, it's a clean slate of sorts - we can paint and decorate how we want, we can find spots for all our stuff, and we can start anew with our new family!

So those are the 2 highlights of our last 6 months - there are other things that have happened.  I could really get on the complain train about some work stuff, but I'd like to keep it positive, because the joy and excitement of our upcoming changes is far outweighing any negative stuff at this point.  Can't wait to snuggle a baby girl in a new home!Sure, it will be a little (or a lot) stressful, but I'm guessing we'll get through it!

1 comment:

sade said...

I know that I have already said this but congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. I know this is just the start of many blessings God is going to do in Thomas and your life! Hopefully one of these days I will make it down to Macon to see ya'll.